April 1, 2020
Equinix Collaborates with Oracle to Support Fung Group’s Vision in Creating the Supply Chain of the Future
Leading global supply chain solutions provider is now benefiting from the performance, reliability and security of on-premises IT with multi-cloud agility
SINGAPORE – April 2, 2020 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Fung Group, a global leader in supply chain solutions whose core businesses include trading, logistics, distribution and traditional and digital retailing, has deployed Oracle Exadata Database Machine running on Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) to digitize its supply chain ecosystem. This new on-premises and multicloud connectivity solution, dubbed a cloud adjacent architecture, is offered as a result of a joint effort by Oracle and Equinix. Equinix is an Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) member.
In today's digital economy, businesses must be responsive to fast-moving market trends if they want to remain competitive. Fung Group is firmly focused on advancing new, disruptive technologies shaping the future of supply chains, and continuously exploring new opportunities for business growth through strategic innovation in retailing, new products, services or markets. Committed to creating value for customers and partners, Fung Group aims to digitalize the supply chain to deliver integrated and intelligent solutions.
By leveraging Oracle Exadata and Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) on Platform Equinix®, Fung Group is able to benefit from the cloud adjacent architecture to access various applications across multiple cloud providers for enhanced performance, resiliency and cost optimization.
- With more than 15 of its critical applications on Oracle Database deployed on Oracle Exadata, Fung Group collaborated with Oracle and Equinix to design a hybrid cloud solution based on the latest generation of Oracle Exadata. Located in a colocation facility adjacent to cloud providers in an Equinix data center, it enables Fung Group to maintain the high performance of Oracle Databases while leveraging the benefits of the public cloud for its applications.
- With the joint effort cloud solution, Fung Group can benefit from the unique design and features of Oracle Exadata, which provides Oracle Database performance that is unmatched by other public clouds, while leveraging ECX Fabric to gain access to cloud providers that enable it to scale application functions with significant cost-effectiveness and flexibility compared to its legacy infrastructure.
- With Equinix and Oracle Exadata, Fung Group has been able to create a distributed, on-premises and cloud infrastructure, which consists of a private, high performance direct interconnection between its Oracle Exadata and cloud providers on ECX Fabric.
- Equinix and Oracle have collaborated to enable their joint customers to place Oracle Exadata directly in Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers, delivering an on-premises architecture with direct access to multiple public cloud services.
- Moving on-premises infrastructure next to cloud providers is made easy with ECX Fabric on Platform Equinix. ECX Fabric is a software-defined interconnection solution that connects private IT infrastructure to multiple cloud platforms within minutes over high-speed, low-latency virtualized connections.
- Iman Mak, Executive Vice President, Group Technology, Fung Group
“A fast-moving market and ever-changing customer needs mean we constantly have to assess where and how we deliver value. The improved performance offered by Equinix and Oracle’s solutions has been essential to Fung Group in keeping up with market demands, enhancing services for our customers. These together have enabled us to take a great step forward in realizing our vision to transform the future of supply chains.”
- Chung Heng Han, Senior Vice President, Oracle Systems, EMEA & JAPAC
“By combining the rich interconnectivity of Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric with the capabilities of Oracle Databases on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we can help support digital transformation and enable enterprises to leverage multi-cloud integration for greater agility. We are proud to work closely with Fung Group and provide the high performance required to accelerate its digitization and better meet customer needs.”
- Diarmid Massey, Senior Vice President, Equinix Asia-Pacific
“With a wide range of cloud providers available via ECX Fabric, Equinix offers an ideal platform for enterprises to connect to multi-cloud solutions. By collaborating with Oracle to combine its Oracle Database and Exadata Database Machine with our interconnection capabilities and dense ecosystems of cloud providers, enterprises can accelerate digital transformation plans with fast, safe and low-latency connectivity.”
- Equinix Partners – Oracle Cloud [website]
- Equinix and Oracle®: Unlocking the Future with Cloud Adjacency [blog]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ [website]
- Platform Equinix [website]
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. Equinix.sg
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is Oracle’s partner program designed to enable partners to accelerate the transition to cloud and drive superior customer business outcomes. The OPN program allows partners to engage with Oracle through track(s) aligned to how they go to market: Cloud Build for partners that provide products or services built on or integrated with Oracle Cloud; Cloud Sell for partners that resell Oracle Cloud technology; Cloud Service for partners that implement, deploy and manage Oracle Cloud Services; and License & Hardware for partners that do business with Oracle software licenses or hardware products. Customers can expedite their business objectives with OPN partners who have achieved Expertise in a product family or cloud service. To learn more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partnernetwork
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
About Fung Group
Fung Holdings (1937) Limited, a privately-held business entity headquartered in Hong Kong, is the major shareholder of the Fung Group of companies, whose core businesses operate across the entire global supply chain for consumer goods including sourcing, logistics, distribution and retail. The Fung Group comprises over 34,000 people working in more than 40 economies worldwide. We have a rich history and heritage in export trading and global supply chain management that dates back to 1906 and traces the story of how Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta emerged as one of the world’s foremost manufacturing and trading regions. We are focused on both creating the Supply Chain of the Future to help brands and retailers navigate the digital economy as well as creating new opportunities, product categories and market expansion for brands on a global scale.
Listed entities of the Group include Li & Fung Limited (SEHK: 00494), Global Brands Group Holding Limited (SEHK: 00787) and Convenience Retail Asia Limited (SEHK: 00831). Privately-held entities include LH Pegasus, Branded Lifestyle Holdings Limited, Fung Kids (Holdings) Limited, Toys "R" Us (Asia) and Suhyang Networks.
For more information, please visit www.funggroup.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Media Contact (Asia-Pacific)
Media Contact (Singapore)
+65 6571 9156