August 10, 2017
AWS Direct Connect Service now Available in Equinix New York Data Centers
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the that it has established connectivity into Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect service in the New York region, enabling all Equinix customers in the New York metro the ability to access AWS Direct Connect at all available speeds via Equinix Cloud Exchange™ or Equinix-provided metro connectivity options. The addition of New York brings the total number of Equinix metros offering AWS Direct Connect service to seventeen, globally.
The ability to directly connect to cloud service providers, such as AWS, is becoming increasingly important for enterprise CIOs as digital transformation fuels the need for virtualized, on-demand provider-based services. In fact, in a recent IDC report*, it was forecast that over the 2016-2021 period, overall public cloud spending will experience a 21% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) – nearly seven times the rate of overall IT spending growth. By expanding AWS Direct Connect to additional locations in North America, Equinix is leveraging AWS Direct Connect services to enable enterprise CIOs to advance cloud strategies by seamlessly and safely incorporating public cloud services into their existing architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix New York campus consists of eight data centers that serve as business hubs for approximately 825 companies across multiple industries, with a high concentration of financial services and media firms. In addition to directly connecting to AWS, Equinix New York customers can choose from a broad range of network services from 125 providers. Equinix New York data centers are also home to the Equinix Financial eXchange, a large community of financial market participants that exchange data in close proximity to each other to optimize their electronic trading operations. Access to the cloud is particularly important for the financial industry in today's digital economy. IDC predicts that, in 2017, banking will be among the top three U.S. industries leading the pack in global spending on public cloud services as they look for greater scalability, higher performance, and faster access to new technologies*.
- With the addition of New York, Equinix now offers AWS Direct Connect service in Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, London, Munich, New York, Osaka, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Warsaw and Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia.
- Equinix will be showcasing its cloud interconnection services at the upcoming AWS Summit, taking place in New York City on August 14th at the Jacob Javits Center. For more information on Equinix and AWS, please visit us at Booth #118 or click here.
- Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances
"Companies with latency-sensitive applications and workloads – and specifically financial services firms – require predicable performance to ensure a consistent, high-quality user experience. AWS Direct Connect combined with the Equinix interconnection platform is an ideal combination that enables these customers to deploy hybrid cloud architectures and achieve this level of performance and security. We are excited to be adding this influential market to our existing roster of sites offering AWS Direct Connect."
- Proximity matters when it comes to speed! How direct interconnection to AWS is accelerating financial transactions [blog post]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 44 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
*Source: IDC, Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Spending Guide; July 2017
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Press Contacts, Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org