June 19, 2013
FastMatch Launches Matching Engine in Equinix LD4 Data Center in London
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – June 19, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, together with FastMatch, an Electronic Communication Network (ECN) for foreign exchange trading, today announced the launch of a new ECN matching engine in Equinix's London Slough International Business Exchange™(IBX®) data center campus.
FastMatch currently operates its FX Spot and metals ECN matching engine from the Equinix NY4 data center in New York. The additional matching engine in London will offer FastMatch clients in the European region access to real-time transparent quotes and trade information, as well as complete redundancy to the platform.
Highlights / Key Facts
- As trading markets become more interrelated, investors are seeking local access to a wider range of asset classes and instruments in order to effectively manage risk in an increasingly complex and competitive environment. By deploying among the growing financial ecosystem inside Equinix, FastMatch makes its systems directly accessible alongside a wide range of other venues, data providers and financial institutions, allowing investors greater choice and flexibility.
- FastMatch clients can trade across an array of unique liquidity sub-pools each governed by its own distinct rules of trading. FastMatch also enables institutional clients to easily transact large sizes with minimum market impact by using order types like hidden pegged to midpoint, reserve and minimum quantity.
- The FastMatch ECN is based on technology that underpins the world’s largest equities crossing system, the Credit Suisse Crossfinder matching engine, which has been re-tooled and tailored to meet the needs of global foreign exchange markets.
- FastMatch launched in the summer of 2012 and is a joint venture of FXCM, Inc. and Credit Suisse Group AG, later adding Bank of New York Mellon as a third backer in 2013. The company strives to offer its customers access to large pools of diversified liquidity at unparalleled speed with complete transparency in an optimal location.
- Dmitri Galinov, CEO, FastMatch:
"London is an FX trading capital of the world, yet traders in Europe currently have no access to real-time quotations or trades from any major FX ECN. The prices are either intentionally delayed or coming from the United States. We are excited to deliver real-time transparency to this previously underserved region."
- Stewart Orrell, managing director, Global Capital Markets, Equinix:
"As Equinix's financial ecosystem continues to globalize and grow, we're seeing more matching engines and exchanges deploy multiple storefronts in various cities to extend their reach. With the launch of its matching service from the London Slough data center campus, FastMatch is certainly on the right track to gain a competitive edge in today's global marketplace."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.