February 26, 2014
Equinix Adds Cloud Service Providers to Ecosystem in Europe
Breadth of public cloud service providers across Platform Equinix enables customers to build tailored hybrid cloud architectures
REDWOOD CITY, CA and LONDON - February 26, 2014 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has expanded its cloud ecosystem across EMEA, giving customers immediate access to an extensive range of cloud services colocated in its Amsterdam, Dubai, Frankfurt, London, Paris and Zurich International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. Companies offering cloud services in EMEA include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blue Box, CenturyLink Cloud, CloudSigma, Datapipe, Joyent and Virtustream, among others.
Equinix customers can connect their owned and managed infrastructure directly to cloud service providers across the infrastructure (IaaS), platform (PaaS) and software (SaaS) sub-segments, establishing a private network connection that may reduce network costs, increase performance and security, and provide a more consistent user experience than Internet-based connections. This means the Equinix cloud ecosystem gives customers the ability to choose the public cloud service providers and build the best combination of public, private and hybrid clouds to suit their global business needs.
- Equinix is host to over 1,200 cloud and IT services companies globally, with 450 of those residing in IBXs across Europe.
- Cloud providers whose services are available inside European IBXs include: Aciernet, Adapt, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Attenda, BIOS, Blue Box, Carrenza, CenturyLink Cloud, CloudSigma, CloudVPS, Computerline, CYSO, Datapipe, Firehost, IASO, Joyent, NavLink, nScaled, Ospero, Penta, ProfitBricks, Redbee, Redstor, Server Density, Virtustream and Vissensa.
- Major cloud services providers available across Platform Equinix™ include Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure and VMware vCloud Hybrid Service.
- The Equinix cloud ecosystem gives cloud service providers access to 4,500 potential customers across Platform Equinix. Conversely, Equinix customers benefit from secure, flexible and cost effective access to cloud services to build scalable cloud architectures – public, private and hybrid.
- Equinix offers customers a broad range of connectivity options including: cross connects, Ethernet Exchange and Internet Exchange, as well as Metro Connect, to reach cloud services across Platform Equinix. These options deliver direct access to cloud services, bypassing the Internet to ensure increased performance, lower latency, higher security and availability, and often lower cost.
- Gartner: "Extend the WAN to a carrier-neutral exchange. Enterprises that connect to multiple cloud providers can benefit from extending their WANs to one or more carrier-neutral network exchange facilities. These facilities have direct access to most cloud and carrier networks and inexpensive Internet access, and they can be used to improve performance, reduce costs and reduce the distance between users and the services they consume.” [Gartner, 2014 Planning Guide for Cloud Computing, Kyle Hilgendorf, Drue Reeves, Sean Kenefick, et al., October 3, 2013.]
Rodney Rogers, Chairman & CEO, Virtustream
“Virtustream’s enterprise customers demand the highest levels of performance, security and availability for their legacy and web-scale mission-critical applications. By giving them direct access to xStream™, our enterprise class cloud platform, at Equinix, we can incorporate legacy infrastructure and deliver service directly to enterprise end users. This allows us to meet stringent SLAs, delivering services that are both higher quality and lower cost than existing solutions.”
Sam Johnston, Director, Cloud & IT Services, Equinix Europe
“Equinix’s cloud ecosystem in Europe gives businesses the ability to choose the best combination of cloud infrastructure, platform and software service providers to ensure they have the ideal hybrid cloud solution to meet their individual business needs. Customers also have a choice of cost effective connectivity options, delivering the highest levels of performance and security, while enabling them to seamlessly incorporate legacy on-premises and hosted private cloud infrastructure.”
Press release: Windows Azure Connects Enabled at Equinix
About Equinix cloud ecosystem
About Equinix European data centers
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.